Tuesday 2 September 2014

Rik Mayall- an inspiration.


My blog has been a tad neglected of late. Time to get in the super talented Booksniffer to soup it up a bit (you can contact her here if you are in need of like refreshment! emma.booksniffer.odonovan@gmail.com). 
 So I have finally got round to a belated tribute to Rik Mayall who died in June aged 56. I was a big fan of Rik Mayall and he was the inspiration for frog in 'Down by the Cool of the Pool'. 
In my youth I loved him as Rick in The Young Ones -some might recognise some of those gestures of barely contained boggle-eyed exuberance in frog.
It was that rare anarchic, manic quality of being on the verge of exploding with excitement that I wanted to capture.
The publishers made an audio tape to accompany the book and it was a total surprise to me who they chose to read it?
Rik Mayall. Wheeeeee!

No comments: