Tuesday 3 September 2013

Life Drawing for everyone





I'm very lucky in that there's a life drawing studio just opposite my studio in Brighton. Most weeks I'll pop over to do an hour's drawing. It's
 the very best way of measuring your drawing and painting against the real world, loosening up and trying out new ideas. 
I always prefer the quick 3 minute poses;
But the longer poses are good for experimenting.
I've been messing about with oil pastel and paint for the half hour poses and this has helped me develop my latest style for picture books ;
I've got to say, Jake, the chap who runs the sessions is a true gent, very enthusiastic and he has done wonders at getting everyone in Brighton life drawing again! (Www.draw-brighton.co.uk)
He's just brought out a rather good book on drawing portraits;
Happy drawing!





No comments: